Pages

Saturday 31 October 2015

Story: Haunting hotel





As we were checking in at the hotel, the manager, an older man, told us not to worry if we hear or see something unusual. In a hushed voice he said: »Sometimes a ghost may appear and play with the objects in the room«. He handed us a few drugs to take, so we could enjoy the vacation nonetheless. Gossip was that his wife died a violent death and now her spirit haunts the place. He doesn't do anything about it, because he loves her. In the hotel library there was a blind woman, and I swear I could see death behind those eyes. They said she could release old demons that follow a person. When we slept I heard some mumbling and moving around the room. I opened my eyes and I saw three figures standing beside my bed, one right in front, other two on my right side. Two had heads of a wolf, one a head of a raven. I laid paralyzed in my bed, unable to move an inch, not even to let out a scream. I forced my mind to fall back asleep. After that night all I saw was dark as if the sun never rose again. At the lake we saw three motorists driving in circles, one fell into the lake, but the bike drove on, as if a ghost took it. The two remaining took the event as something normal, it happened, let’s move on. Determent to find a solution, to set the spirit of manager’s wife free, and let it rest in peace, we dug through the local legends. One neighbour recalled an old saying, that only a rare stone from a Slovenian cave would set the spirit free. We just had to find out.

*

 Based on my nightmare and sleep paralysis I had.

8 comments:

  1. Such a terrifying dream sets the scene for a fascinating tale of haunting. I hope you continue to tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has some of the detachment and vividness that only a real nightmare can have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. I hope you will continue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing captures that dream-like, nightmarish quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Expresses very well the frightening inner logic of dreams that we can make no sense of by day, but that possess us while sleeping with their own power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How scary and the ending begs for a continuation of the story ~ Thanks for sharing it ~

    ReplyDelete